Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ethics Audit

Yesterday I had an audit presentation in my ethics class. Here is what I did.


The balance of coverage amongst the sporting world is rarely look at in an ethical debate. However, I decided to look at how the two biggest events in two sports occurring at the same time were covered by two different publications. The events I looked at were the NBA Playoffs and the NHL Playoffs, whic are respectively their sporting organizations biggest events of the season. I wanted to look at how the Seattle Times covered each even t but I also wanted some data points to compare that to. I decided that I would look at Sports Illustrated to see how they also covered the two events over the span of a month.

The graph below shows how likely each publication is to publish a story of the NBA playoffs rather than the NHL.


No comments:

Post a Comment